Monday, October 26, 2015

Disneyland!!

Fall Break was a blast! We had 4 days off of school so naturally Travis, Vanessa & I ran right home to sunny California and spent a day at Disneyland. I mean who doesn't love Disneyland? It is literally the Happiest Place on Earth!
Not only were we at Disneyland, but it was all decorated for Halloween which is the second best time to be at Disneyland...First is obviously when it is all decorated for Christmas!






Being home is the very best, I hadn't been back since I moved up to Utah & that was the longest I have ever gone without visiting home...the longest two months of my life! {haha} Sadly my mama was in Paris visiting my sister Steph with my other sister Alex and her family. So Nessa & I got to spend some time with our daddy! Another sadly dear dad hates disneyland. I KNOW! He will go for us sometimes {usually when the only granddaughter bats her little lashes & asks nicely} but he is not a fan of crowds or lines, so Disneyland isn't his favorite. So while he worked Friday, the Three Musketeers took on the crowds. It was a cloudy day which inly added to the spooky feeling of Halloween. 
I love Halloween & Fall & all the fun that comes with it. So when you combine all of that & Disneyland I am the Happiest Girl on the Earth. 
The cutest decorations hung on every light post & The Haunted Mansion was transformed to the Nightmare Before Christmas & at the very end of Main St. a Giant Mickey Mouse Jack-O-Lantern smiling at you! 



Since we weren't the smartest about timing our trip & followed everyone from Utah to Disneyland, we spent our time dodging the crowds & lines & riding our most favorite rides & sniffing out our favorite foods. My family has a tradition of showing up to Disneyland at lunchtime every time & immediately scarfing down our favorite chili bread bowls at Main St. Cafe. Vanessa & I will never not go to Disneyland & not have a delicious bowl & a side of nacho cheese. Don't knock it until you try it. Its the best to dip the bowl in after all the chili is gone! YUM!!
Travis waited in the always long line for the best & famous Disneyland Corn Dog Cart. They are SO good. We stuffed our faces than decided to go fight some crowds! 




I could sit under those bright yellow umbrellas ALL day! Just keep bringing me food, because that is the best spot for people watching! 



With a full stomach we thought the best ride to ride first was obviously The Tea Cups! Smart huh? 
Luckily non of us got sick but we all laughed & spun around like little kids again. I think it is Travis's favorite ride for sure! It's always fun to go with him he's strong enough to make us spin so fast. I feel like a little kid again. 





Now that we woke up the little kid's within us, we headed over to The Haunted Mansion.  I remember when I was a little kid I was SO scared of this ride. Now it is my favorite especially with the elaborate makeover that happens at Halloween. Travis had never seen this Haunted Makeover so we HAD to wait in the hour long line! But not with out the best treat at Disneyland! 
CHURROS! 





If you thought we were done eating...you were wrong! With all diets put on hold we let loose & indulged in our favorite treats! If you haven't wondered into Pooh's Corner, back behind Splash Mountain, next time you are there GO! 
They have the yummiest & prettiest treats in the park. Vanessa got her favorite the Rice Crispy Treat covered in White Chocolate, Travis devoured a Carmel & Chocolate dipped marshmallow & I opted for a chocolate chip cookie. Sadly my favorite chocolate dipped s'mores bar wasn't there. 
All was delicious! 








After we were full & ready to burst we headed back to Main St. to see all the best decoration, take on a new look at the sky got darker & the lights got brighter.







It was a wonderful weekend filled with childish giggles, yummy treats & family! 
The next two days were spent eating more...but this time it was Sharky's our favorite place at home! Dad was able to spend those days with us and some quality daddy-daughter time took place. We loved spending the weekend home & I wish I was back home right now too! 


xoxo Mads 

Here are some fun photos I took on the flight home! 



isn't flying just the coolest? 
xoxo 
Mads 

No comments:

Post a Comment