Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fashion || is the || Passion

    If there is one thing I can do well it is fashion. I have loved clothes forever, I used to be teased for having on ten different outfits before we'd even leave the house. I loved to play dress up & play in my make up...I even still do that today when  I am really bored. I have an obsession with stalking bloggers & stylists on social media, pinning new outfits on Pinterest & collecting magazines of all the best styles. It is a fun way to express yourself, give a little bit about yourself to the world without saying anything at all. You can be as simple styled as you want or be loud, bold & bright. That's the real beauty about fashion, it can be completely personal. Whatever you want, whatever you feel most comfortable in. You can say so much through the type of shoes you wear, the amount of holes in your jeans or the color of your sweater. I enjoy trying new things & seeing what new creations I can come up with. Each morning when I open those beautiful double doors to my closet, a bright light shines out & angels sing. It is the best part of my day, I sift through all my clothes to find just what I need to wear that day.
     So because I always end up taking an Outfit Of The Day picture almost everyday anyway, I thought I would just start to build a collection of my most favorite outfits here! I will leave all kinds of tips, facts,  with each outfit & give all brands to help inspire you or help you recreate it. I have this blog & have never really decided what to really categorize it as. Is it a photography blog, lifestyle, fashion? I don't know... until no it has just been a little bit of everything, but what I always keep coming back to is my Passion for Fashion. I love it. It is the best. So I hope to make this new Fashion Blog, chic, enjoyable and inspiring. I hope that you will follow along, share with friends & find your own passion for fashion!

SO LETS GET STARTED!!!!!
10/13/15

Today's look is a simple fall get up, it has been one of those semi-cool days. The weather has been on the low 70's side for the last few weeks & I have been embracing that. On top of loving fashion, Fall Fashion is my very most favorite. I LOVE cold weather, because I think the clothes are much better! 

Quick shoutout to my amazing Hair Peeps back in LA! If you are looking for the best cut & color in all of LA & NY {she's bicoastal} Check out Meche Salon! Sarah Conners is the greatest color genius.. You are in master hands! & the healthiest & best cut you'll ever get is new mama Alissa Smith! 
Check them out here

Back to the look! SO today I stuck around the blue & brown family. Blue is one of the few colors I wear & is probably my most favorite. Being blonde & blue eyed it is one of my most flattering colors. 
So my collared undershirt is a tank top from a favorite of mine ZARA. The denim stripped tank is a nice filler for the low swoop necked sweater. I like to double layer & love the collared look, but sometimes a big denim shirt can make you look puffy, so sometimes swapping a shirt for a tank top is a better pick, depending on your sweater , so be aware of that. 

The sweater is a oldie from Nordstroms. It is your typical thin, knitted, swoop neck sweater & can be found just about anywhere. 

On bottom we have my most favorite jeans ever! { you have seen me in these before & probably will for most posts to come} I say when you find a good pair a pants wear then until you can't anymore. They are from my favorite brand ever Madewell! They have classic style, clean cuts & a little rustic feel. They are super cute & the clothes are great quality, will last you a lifetime. There is nothing like a good o'l pair of blue jeans.



 Then we have the fun accessories! Which if you have seen older posts of mine, is my favorite part about dressing up. The tiny little accents you add to your outfit can make the difference from everyone else. A cute new trend that I have adopted from the Men of Fashion, is funky socks. I love the idea of a tiny, funky, loud sock popping out just a tiny bit from under your jeans. It can add a lot to my usually minimalist style. Today I went with a more subtle maroon sock that can be found at Target. Another awesome brand that my brother in law showed me is Happy Socks. Happy Socks can also be found at TJ MAXX for good prices! 

Speaking of TJ MAXX...I am a Maxinista! My cute new brown booties are a TJ MAXX purchase. TJ MAXX's is a great place to find, super cut stuff, a great brands for better, lower prices! 
These darker camel boot add a nice softness to the sea of blue above the ankle & help tie in the sock & watch.

SIDE NOTE: when wearing little boots like these one that go up your ankle it is smart to cuffed your jeans, it will look cleaner & add a new style to your jeans. 

It is very important to make sure that your colors compliment one another, not coordinate. I am a huge coordinator by nature, I however love those who have 3 patterns & 3 colors all mixed into one outfit, it is amazing. You don't have to coordinate but those mixed matched outfits only work because if you notice the colors compliment one another. 


Lastly the Watch. My very most favorite. I grew up with a dad who loved watches & has an amazing collection. I hope to one day be like him. So I have began collection now. You will always see a watch on my wrist & it will most likely always be Arvo. They are the brand I have become obsessed with. They are a minimalist brand with great neutral colors, simple faces & awesome prices. They are some of my favorite. This carmel & black piece help tie the whole outfit together. 

Please if you have any questions or comments please leave them below! I want to inspire all of us to be fashion friendly & discover your passion for fashion! 

Follow more on my insta @madddsssworld or follow my fashion board on Pinterest here

XOXO Mads 

No comments:

Post a Comment