Monday, August 31, 2015

My Dreamy Place~My Dream Space


Hello Readers! Sorry I have been M.I.A. I was in the process of moving my life & self into a new home in Logan Utah. It has been a busy & exhausting few weeks, but now all is settled. I am currently relaxing in my new room, laying on the floor, editing, blogging & creating a new Jazz playlist on my Spotify. {yes for those of you who didn't know I am a huge jazz fan. Not modern Jazz like straight up old town Jazz in some smokey bar in an old Black'n White murder mystery movie}

Anyway, I have been in heaven lately. Yes moving sucks and is hard but this time one of my life long dreams came true. I got to decorate & furnish my very own home. From scissors to a couch, I got to pick it all. It has been so fun for me & so not fun for those around me. I am a very picky person when it comes to decorating my room & now my whole home. If you haven't noticed I have a thing for all things Black-White- Gray. Almost to a fault but those colors are my favorite. They are clean, simple & add so much light to rooms. I love color but there is nothing like a room full of sort grays & whites to literally light up your room or day.

So I have finally accomplished my room. There are little things here & there that still need to come together but overall I am pretty elated with the turnout. My room is very important to me. It is my safe haven. My space, my place to tune out the world & just be with my thoughts. I like to put a lot of effort into that special pace because, I want a room that reflects me & who I am & that uplifts me & makes me a little brighter when I come & go from it.

Yesterday was my first Sunday up here without any parents & it was bittersweet. It's never fun when they leave, because they really are my best friends, but I am blessed so much to have them because they are the reason I have such a beautiful room. My room was my saving grace yesterday, after church I got to come crawl into my lovely room & rest & ride the waves of my emotions. It really has turned out to be such a peaceful & calming room, I am in love. So yesterday while I was resting I thought, "Madeline you need to get to practicing your photography & videoing, you've slacked lately" So I took a few photos & a quick little video to share some of my most favorite things about my room.

Obviously first & foremost I have a little {or not so little} reminder of my beloved city New York, it was very much a necessity for this new room. I found these giant industrial letters at Hobby Lobby & new I had to have them...& what better for than NYC. I like to think of it as, If I can't be in NYC right now, I can at least lay under its letters at night & keep dreaming until it happens. It will be so fun one day when I actually move to NYC & I get to take these letters with me.

The next necessity that HAS to be in every bedroom for the rest of my life are my beloved "twinkle lights" {yes I know they don't twinkle, but i like to call them that}. They add the perfect ambiance to just about any room, I really think they should be everywhere, if I could I would have them hanging over my head everywhere I went. They are add that whimsical dreamy affect to a room & that is about all I really need to make my room perfect. They were the first thing I purchased & put up. 
   TIP: If you do go get lights for your room or any occasion I recommend getting the lights that have a white strand v.s the dark green strand. It adds a softer look & makes the lights shine a little brighter. Lights can be found anywhere from Wal-Mart to Hobby Lobby

Then comes the accessory cabinet. Now this cabinet or crate tower was built by none other than yours truly...{well I built the idea & my brother-in-law hammered the nails}. Similar ideas can be found on my Pinterest. I saw some cool ideas but came up with this one on my own & when i realized all the other ones where too complicated... I still need to spray paint it white but ignore that for now. I wanted a unique nightstand that could hold all my accessories but still be cute & spacious. It was super easy to make & is so cute. I got 3 large crates from Michael's & put a nail in the front to corners & back to corners to secure the crates to one another & you've got yourself & new nightstand. 
Now within the nightstand are some of my favorite things. I don't have a closer picture {whoops, my bad} {I will upload one later on}...From Top to Bottom this nightstand hold, my favorite candle of life Bath & Body Works: Autumn. My gorgeous all white 12 watch holder from Amazon, a "Good Morning Gorgeous" picture frame turned jewelry tray {also Hobby Lobby}, & my beloved Crosley Record player found at Urban Outfitters{ps there is a sea on vinyls & music accessories right now}. My Records next to it are held on a File Sorter from Staples. {hehe} 

Then comes my Mirror or the best part because who doesn't love a full size mirror? It is the best place to take a selfie, check your outfit or a last glance before you run out the door. It's my best friend. 
Yesterday's Sunday Best: the dress is actually a black dress from Forever 21 
layered under a Men's XL T-shirt from Target, paired with Target booties
& a trusty Arvo Watch

What would my bedroom be if the biggest item in it wasn't white & gray? I would be a hypocrite, so that why I searched & found the perfect gray & white bedding from West Elm. A few accent pillows to break it up & a little fur for some flare! 



Overall my room may not be 100% finished but it is 100% perfect in my eyes. It is important to make your room a special place for you. I like mine to be warm, welcoming & whimsical, but whatever you want yours to be is up to you,my only advice is make it YOU. 

p.s here is my little video of me enjoying my dreamy place & dream space. I added a little vintage edge to my video to play around with the records in my room & tie together my love for  my room & all things vintage. 




No comments:

Post a Comment