Monday, August 10, 2015

a few of my favorite things

I love fashion, always have. When I was little I would get dressed up in about 10 different outfits... I still do this today. There is something so fun & freeing about fashion. It's a subtle way to show a little bit about yourself without say anything.

I do love shopping for each new season & surfing the online stores to fill up my wish lists, but finding the perfect accessories is my favorite part. They always add that final touch, bring the whole outfit together, perfectly dress up a more causal outfit or change an outfit from day to night.

I am a creature of habit as well, so I take my time finding the most perfect accessories, because I usually wear them every single day until their time is up & I find a replacement. So if you need help with your accessories here are a few of my favorite tips to find the perfect ones.


Madeline's Guidelines to your perfect accessories! 
  1. Make your accessories compliment your style. I typically like a simplistic, classic, clean style. My accessories are usually simple & something gold. You can never go wrong with gold.
  2. Get at least one staple accessory that you can wear everyday. Mine is my gold CTR ring found here. OR a  cute neutral purse. 
  3. Watches are always an good idea & no you can never have too many, just do not wear at the same time (;  
  4. Rings are a must, just make sure they compliment your look & not too many, I never have more than three on at all times. A favorite ring for me other than gold is anything turquoise, it can be subtle,but also add some color & flare. 
  5. Sunglasses may not seem like an accessory that you may think of when getting ready, but they can make or break an outfit. They do not have to be designer or expensive, but make an effort to have a wide range of glasses. I love to pick up a new sunglass from Aldo or Target every so often. 
  6. Sometimes you want to have a bold accessory to add some pop for a special occasion or if you're just feeling spunky. I love a fun reflective sunglass or a lot of gold bracelets on a wrist. Be as bold as you'd like. {Im kind of boring lol }
  7. I always have two shoes to one outfit, one shoe that is a neutral and compliments my look & another that attracts the most attention for that extra POP!
  8. My favorite thing to do with my accessories is too make them personal. It helps me especially because then I know I am not spending money on something I'll never wear. It kind of helps the process of eliminating that junk jewelry look. 
  9. Make all the accessories coordinate, it's fun to have a lot of different stuff for all the outfits you could create, but I like to have a certain theme throughout my accessories, so that I know that no matter the outfit all my little accents will work together.
  10. Lipstick should be your sidekick. I have colors ranging from deep purple, bright red & pinky nude. Pick your favorite & always have it with you!
Now if you hate all these tips, like some, or all, that is fine. This is just some guidelines I like to remind myself of when shopping for my next accessory. Mine are always very personal to share a little bit of me without saying much. Its a fun way to spice up or tone down an outfit, but always bring the outfit together. The beauty in accessories is they don't have to be expensive either, you can find anything anywhere if you know your style.

Pictures & links to some of my favorite accessories & brands can be found below!
Let me know if you have any more questions, comment below! Thanks for reading! 

Xo, Madeline 

Please Me by MAC is always in my purse to add some color whenever I need it.
It can be found here.

These are my newest purchase
Ray Ban offers classic shades that can be worn with just
about anything but also offer fun colors &
reflectives to add some pop.
Check them out here.

 Yes a phone case can be considered an accent, I prefer neutrals
& this J. Crew black & white wonder is right up my alley.
.
My CTR ring is probably my favorite because it has such a special reminder
to Choose The Right. It's an Etsy custom.
The opal ring is my mothers I have borrowed & my diamond
was a gift form my Dad I always have it on.

This NYC Alex & Ani was a gift from my good friends. I am
NYC obsessed & they found the
perfect accessory for me!

Arvo! I am a Watch enthusiast & these guys are my favorite right now.
They are simple, clean & affordable. I have about 3 already
but this black,white & gold is my favorite. {shocker}
Check them out now!!


This California necklace was a gift from my mom. 
Born & Raised 
It's a nice personal accessory especially as I get ready to move away!
For more ideas/looks follow me on Pinterest





No comments:

Post a Comment